Broadband Installation Technician and Wireless troubleshooter
Nikola Broadband is looking to fill an immediate position for a Broadband Installation Technician with a strong network and wireless troubleshooting skills.
The person we are looking to hire for this job will have excellent communication skills, be computer literate, and possess at least an intermediate level ability to troubleshoot a fixed wireless network.
These skills include finding the line of sight paths for wireless connectivity, judging signal levels adequate to provide a reliable service, and the ability to read and understand terrain maps. This role also requires a working knowledge of TCP/IP networking and basic network troubleshooting. Nikola Broadband services nearly 1000 local ISP customers in the Sequim Washington area and has other operations that have reach around the globe.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and installing both fixed wireless broadband, and fiber-optic internet installations
- Speak with customers in person, to provide broadband service and troubleshooting
- Maintain a positive image of Nikola Broadband and its affiliates
- Assisting in the documentation and improvement of our existing customer support systems and processes
- Keeping current on wireless technologies as they are now used, or anticipated to be used by Nikola Broadband
- Maintaining knowledge of wireless radio vendors. This includes their licensing status, bandwidth, frequency, and method of operation.
- Solid troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Nothing that would disqualify a candidate from being insurable while driving a company vehicle, or having access to sensitive records.
- Comfortable working at heights and use of a fall arrest harness.
- The work environment may include enclosed spaces and the requirement to lift equipment and antennas into position.
- All employees of Nikola and Nikola Broadband are expected to follow and exceed all health guidelines for our community. During the current state of emergency for the COVID Virus, masks will be worn whenever visiting any customer location, or when in the same room as any other Nikola Employee while in the office.
- In-depth knowledge of networks and, DNS Servers, Mail servers, Linux, Hypervisors, Hyper-V and VMWare, Cisco network switching technology, ASA firewalls, and network security
Our preferred candidates
Will have the following qualifications:
- Specific interest in and knowledge of wireless radio and fiber-optic broadband deployments.
- Working knowledge of Cambium, Ubiquiti and Mikrotik equipment. PowerCode experience is a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Team oriented
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal oversight and direction.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Hours are Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. This position does require participation in an on-call rotation schedule.
Additional helpful skills
- Knowledge of Cambium, UBNT and other common WISP vendors.
- Ability to analyze and report the health of a fixed wireless network
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with multiple changes to schedules
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once without sacrificing attention to detail
- Comfortable working outdoors in order to properly document network
- Current Valid Driver’s License
- A valued role at a local Internet company with over 14 years of operational experience
- A variety of duties & advanced learning environment
- A good living wage for our rural area
- Bonuses based on company profit
$20.00 – $30.00 per hour DOE
Paid birthday, vacation, and holiday days. Paid sick leave
We are not offering relocation packages for these positions, nor working with outside recruiters at this time.